Dawn M. Barclay is an award-winning author who has spent a career working in different aspects of the travel industry. Her book, Traveling Different: Vacation Strategies for Parents of the Anxious, the Inflexible, and the Neurodiverse, helps parents — including those whose children have Autism Spectrum Disorder and/or mood or distraction disorders — soothe their child’s travel anxieties.
Dawn and Ross discuss:
● The challenges of traveling with children
● How parents can overcome their worry about traveling
● How parents can begin to introduce the concept of traveling to their children
● How to start small with mini-experiences
● Child-centric vacations and how to create them
● How to keep children safe while traveling
● Valuable resources to consult
Learn more about the book and get it here: http://www.travelingdifferent.com
Subscribe to The Authority to get more deep-dive interviews with education authors. It’s available wherever you get your podcasts.
Visit https://bepodcast.network to learn more about the Be Podcast Network for educators.
About today’s guest
Dawn M. Barclay is an award-winning author who has spent a career working in different aspects of the travel industry. After spending ten years working in sales and marketing for her parents’ two firms, Barclay Travel Ltd and Barclay International Group Short-Term Apartment Rentals, she branched out into travel trade reporting with senior or contributing editor positions at Travel Agent Magazine, Travel Life, Travel Market Report, and most recently, Insider Travel Report. She is a mother of two and resides in New York’s scenic Hudson Valley. A member of the Society of American Travel Writers (SATW) and the Family Travel Association (FTA), she also writes fiction as D.M. Barr and holds leadership roles in several writer organizations.
Connect with Dawn on social media:
● Twitter: www.twitter.com/@travelingdiff
● Facebook: www.facebook.com/travelingdifferent
● Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/traveling_different/
● LinkedIn: www.LinkedIn.com/in/dawnbarclay
About the host
Ross Romano is a co-founder of the Be Podcast Network and CEO of September Strategies, a consulting firm that helps organizations and high-performing leaders in the K-12 education industry communicate their vision and make strategic decisions that lead to long-term success. Connect on Twitter @RossBRomano or LinkedIn
Creators and Guests
Co-founder of Be Podcast Network and CEO of September Strategies. Strategist, consultant, and performance coach.